Wednesday, June 30

Little Red Hen Press Order Packaging

Wrapping gifts and packages are one of my favorite things to do, especially at Christmas. You should see what I do! I wish I had pictures to show of them, but I don't. Doh! You'll just have to trust me that they are pretty.

So when orders started rolling in for the cards and bags, I started experimenting with different ways to package and ship the items. I decided on boxes, even though they cost a little more to ship, because I knew the cards stood a better chance of arriving undamaged, and who doesn't like to open a box? ;) I originally wanted white boxes, but I couldn't find the perfect size for an affordable price. I didn't want to have to charge an extra dollar to my customers for a custom box. So, I decided to go with brown paper ones with mostly recycled content. The liner is 20-30% and the flute is 100% recycled (flute is the wavy part). I also found white tissue paper that is 100% recycled. Unfortunately the red isn't completely recycled, but it's just so nice, I had to include at least one sheet in each box. Red is in the business name after all! The two most recent orders have been shipped in a decorated box:



I have had a lot of fun coming up with this, and I hope I can continue to create a fun package for my customers to open! Of course each package will be slightly different, but always pretty.




This is the housewarming present I gave to me sister last Saturday and the gift contained within. She just graduated from the University of Florida, hence the orange and blue Gator theme, and loves cupcakes. She is very creative so I put together a cupcake decorating kit for her to use in her new kitchen, along with handmade Go Gator cupcake picks (I will be selling them on Etsy soon, so keep an eye out!). Also included in the package, but not shown, were 2 boxes of cake mix, and 2 containers of white icing. I made her promise to take pictures of the cupcakes she makes, and send them to me so I can post them on this blog. The cupcake liners came from Fort & Field, and you can purchase them here. The icing bags and tips, sprinkles, and pan were purchased at a local baking supply store. 

Her base color scheme in her new home is black and white, so coordinated the wrap for that. The bow is upcycled from an Anthropologie package, and the tag is made from my black Birds on a Wire print. She LOVED it all!

I hope I have inspired you!

No comments:

Post a Comment