Tuesday, June 29

Delicious Summertime Beverage



Looking at my yellow Birds on a Wire print got me thinking about the yum summertime drink called a Yellowbird. I first had one while out on Lake Hamilton with my family in Hot Springs, AR. My Aunt Kay whipped them up and they were so refreshing on that hot summer day! When I was bartending in Florida, it was always the perfect drink to serve when someone requested "something fruity"and I didn't want to make the obvious and give them a rum punch or pina colada.

Yellowbird

Coconut rum
Banana schnapps/liquor
Pineapple juice
Orange juice
Ice

For a drink: In a glass, add 1 1/2oz coconut rum and 1/2oz banana liquor; fill glass with ice; add equal parts of orange and pineapple juice until glass is full; stir & serve. You can garnish with an orange or pineapple slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment