Saturday, July 3

Longwood Gardens

Yesterday, I went to visit Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, PA. It is over 1000 acres of horticulture amazingness. The garden was started by Pierre S. DuPont in the early 1900's and is now run by a charitable trust since his passing in 1954. If you are ever in the Philadelphia, PA area, I suggest you take half a day to explore this treasure!

There were thousands upon thousands of different plants, and I had fun photographing some of my favorites. One day when I am able to have a beautiful garden, I will go back to my pics and take another trip to Longwood Gardens to be inspired and decide what to plant.


*For some celebrity cred, even Martha Stewart's head gardener, Andrew Beckman, has a degree in landscape architecture and horticulture from Longwood. 
*Follow Longwood Gardens on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment