Wednesday, July 7

Decoration Inspiration - Bedroom

My undecorated bedroom is driving me nuts!  I have been racking my brain in the past few weeks trying to decide what to do with the large yet plain master bedroom my partner and I share. Can't be too girly, and I don't want a man cave. What to do? I had to meet in the middle. I've decided to go with a cozy lake house feel.

I have been very inspired by listings from fellow Etsy sellers, and treasuries created, that remind me of relaxing days by the water and the old family lake house I grew up going to in the summers. Granted, the old lake house interior was decorated by my grandmother like a classy 1970's bachelor pad (?!?), so I am going for exterior inspiration on that one, and imagining what my dream lake house bedroom would look like.

Obviously I am dealing with big blank walls in my room, because most of these items are to hang. As I get older, I feel lonely in a room with no wall hangings. What a change from my 20's where clean simple modern was the decor, haha! So now I have the furniture and the bed, I just need the fixin's...


I wish I could purchase all of these items right now! But for now, you all will have to serve as my inspiration. I am grateful for that though, and thank you :)

Musical inspiration today: it's time for a Ryan Adams marathon!!



3 comments:

  1. Thank you for featuring my lakeside drive sign! I love your collection! what a fun decor idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem at all :) I'm looking forward to decorating this room. I'll post pictures when I do, although I'm sure it will take awhile. Ahhh decorating... it's really never done is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing collection!!! Thanks for including our Florida state hook piece! :)

    ReplyDelete