Sunday, August 1

Inspired on Etsy - Frida Kahlo Treasury

Nickolas Muray
‘Frida on White Bench, New York’
1939

My Aunt Beth first introduced me to the artwork and life of Mexican painter, Frida Kahlo. I was totally intrigued by this woman who rocked the unfashionable facial hair, and became aware that quite a few others were into her as well. While on a road trip to visit my family early this summer, Jake and I spent a night in Nashville, TN. We checked out the highly recommended neighborhood of Hillsboro Village and the super funky shop, Pangaea, located right in the heart of it. They had quite a selection of Frida Kahlo inspired goods, and I picked up a neat tote with her picture on it to give as a hostess gift to my Aunt Beth. That is when I first became aware that she is a bit of a folk hero, and yes the crafty Etsians have caught the bug. Here is a little treasury of Frida Kahlo and Mexican folk art inspired goodies. Click the image below to check out the treasury on Etsy and for more info about the items.


Even Google has the bug! I was lucky enough to see this on Google front page that day, and of course I forwarded it to my Aunt ;)


1 comment: